I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, despite what may be trying circumstances. Throughout the year there were many changes and clarifications in basic divorce law that will affect the many of you that are planning to divorce in 2017. This period between Christmas and New Years is what I consider the calm before the storm, as January is generally a very busy month for divorce lawyers. This quiet week is the perfect opportunity to both reflect on the past and prepare for the future. Below is a list of blog posts that explain the recent changes to divorce law and what those changes mean for you.
As we say goodbye to 2016, I wish each of you a happy and healthy new year. See you in 2017!
2016 Changes and Clarifications to Divorce Law
- SJC Rules That a Biological Connection Is Not Required for Parentage
- Spouse’s Trust Interest Shielded from Division in Divorce
- Potential Changes to Interstate Custody Dispute Law in Massachusetts
- Definition of Cohabitation Set in Recent Alimony Reform Act Interpretation
- New Changes to the Parent Education Program in Massachusetts
Nancy… Keep reading